Sunday, May 23, 2010

New Blog

I'm officially moving my blog to a new site: "tiberisvilla.tumblr.com"

Here's a screen shot of the home page:


The site may be a little complicated, so I thought I'd offer some instructions. Instead of new posts being listed above older posts with site navigation simply requiring scrolling down the page, this new site will show each new post as a new "piano key" on the left of the screen. If you scroll over the key, a gray arrow will appear. If you click on this it will take you to a dedicated page for that particular post. At the top of that post, you'll see this:


If you click on the left arrow, it will take you to a newer post, the right arrow to an older post, and the three vertical lines will take you back to the home screen that shows the ten most recent posts (it's the same as the screenshot above).

I hope all of this makes sense! Feel free to leave me comments on the new site or on this post letting me know what you think. I'm open to going back to the traditional style (there are plenty of similar options on tumblr), but I thought it may be fun to use something different.

One more thing: Tumblr identifies various types of posts such as text, photos, videos, quotes, etc. If the key is smaller and black, it's probably video or a music file.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All I got was a black rectangle, with a left and right arrow and three little white strips in the middle.
I don't like this one:)
Love, Grandma.