Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Mom's First Cup of Coffee

My wonderful mother is back in Seattle this week helping Ashley and I out with Calais while I finish up my last week at my internship. Although I'm certain she's thrilled to see her granddaughter again, I think she may be equally excited to get another cup of coffee. You see, mom drank her very first cup of coffee at the original Starbucks in Pike Place Market during her visit to Seattle four weeks ago.
We enjoyed the barista's commemoration of the event.








She drank her second cup the following night after dinner. I think Dad feared we may have created a monster.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

frances85I think that is almost unbelieveable,, and Starbucks of all coffee. If you can drink that, as strong as it is, you can drink anything. From the looks of her eye, she needs something.:) I think maybe she didn't get enough sleep on her trip to Croatia.

Anonymous said...

frances85I think that is almost unbelieveable,, and Starbucks of all coffee. If you can drink that, as strong as it is, you can drink anything. From the looks of her eye, she needs something.:) I think maybe she didn't get enough sleep on her trip to Croatia.

Traci said...

I love it! Of course I enjoyed Grandma's commentary as much as the blog post itself :)

Traci said...

So I just showed Mike this post. Here's his response, "How can that be? I mean, how can that be? She's how old? I don't believe it. I think it's made up."

:)

Souzy's Zoo said...

Wow!! Was this out of necessity or because you really enjoyed it, Aunt Linda? :) Can't wait to have a cup with you.....

(How did you get her to try it, Troy??)

Pop and Grammy said...

It's true. It WAS my 1st cup. I always enjoyed telling others that I had never had a cup of coffee. It was part of my identity. Troy suggested that if I was going to try a cup after all these years, what better place than the original Starbucks! And by the way, Mother, that picture was taken BEFORE our trip to Croatia!

Wendy, let's do that soon! :-)